Thursday 11 November 2010

And We're Off!

Whee, first blog post!

So, after a much longer time than I had anticipated, I finally opened my Etsy Shop tonight. Phew, took me almost two hours just to list the first 16 items going into my shop!

Go take a look:

www.midnightbluejewels.etsy.com


I really underestimated how much time it takes to set everything up. The actual making of the jewellery probably takes the least amount of time of the whole process. Endless hours of research finally led me to the best ways to do everything, but there was still a lot of trial and error. First, there's getting the right materials and tools for your items, then learning the techniques to make them. Once you have your lovely piece of jewellery, then you have to get good photos of it, write an honest and engaging description, choose which photos you're going to use. Not to mention all the effort that will go into advertising and promoting starting tomorrow!

I found the hardest thing was getting decent photos and after much frustration, I finally resorted to making myself a light box which helped immensely. Stay tuned for the next post where I'll give a short tutorial on how to make your own!

It's bedtime now, though, so hopefully when I wake up in the morning my Etsy items will have lots of views and maybe even a sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment