Friday 26 November 2010

Friday update. Pearls galore!

If diamonds are a girl's best friend, then pearls are surely her favourite sister...

Just a quick update to show you what I've been up to this week.

This one is a commission; it's taken up most of my time this week because the commission was put in a long time ago but the pearls take 2-3 weeks to arrive and I'm super-slow at knotting >.< What beautiful pearls they are though!


Freshwater, natural pink pearls 6.5mm-7mm AA++ and a 9ct solid gold clasp. 


Also, this week, I've been working on some Swarovski pearl jewellery. These little cluster earrings:

Swarovski glass pearls in three sizes, sterling silver chain and earwires.


And this Victorian vintage-inspired necklace:

Swarovski glass pearls, crystal spacers, silver-plated connector

  So that's what I've been up to. Both the cluster earrings and the above necklace will be listed on my Etsy shop this weekend and I'm going to give the pink pearl necklace to its recipient this weekend too :) I'll let you know what she thinks!

I'm also planning on running a little experiment into oxidation methods soon, so watch this space if you're interested :)

No comments:

Post a Comment